Youth Leadership Conference 2012
The 2rd Annual URF International Young Professionals Leadership Conference
Date: January 7 – 11th, 2012
Venue: URF Headquarters, Kyetume, Masaka – Uganda
Theme: “Turning Ideas Into Products, Now or Never!”
Host: URF Leadership Institute
We invite all young professionals from Uganda and around the globe to take advantage of this grand opportunity to gain invaluable business and leadership skills, engage in social activism, and build a network of professional mentors and friends. You can attend as an individual or a delegate/s representing an organization, institution, company, or government agency.
The conference has become the most important annual gathering on African Sphere for young professionals and experts from different business and government institutions. The conference will present unique opportunities to experience the invaluable perspectives of business, political and community development in respect to true and lasting prosperity.
The conference will combine a relaxing camp life experience with a rural community perspective.
The expected 1000 delegates will be offered services – learning on hand skills needed for Africa’s sustainable development. It will promote the exchange of ideas and experiences strengthen networking among participating organization and institutions for global developments.
Experts from the field with practical experience from various professional and academic background will present on topics such as:
– Discovering the dynamic Leader in you,
– Strategic business planning and management
– NGO management, cause marketing, and volunteerism
– Strategic career planning & professional dev’t
– Your first job and the dynamics of corporate culture
– Job application, building a winning CV, job interviewing
– Igniting the entrepreneurial spirit and spotting business opportunity
– Social and professional networking, pitching for your idea
– Team work, project management, public presentation, reporting, and evaluation
– Coping with unemployment and turning it into opportunity
– Stress and time management
– And much more …
To Register, please contact:
Ssonko Ssejjemba: 0772-35 64 59 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbinah Nabuloli: 0772-570893
URF headquarters are located in a small township of Kyetume, Lwengo District, 35km on Masaka-Mbarara Road.
For transport, a shuttle service will be provided at exactly 11:00pm at Hotel BROVAD in Masaka. Participants outside Uganda should ensure that they have the necessary passports and visas required for entry into Uganda and for any other country they may have to visit on transit. You should also obtain the necessary vaccinations.